Christmas is over
Yesterday, Kurt and I put away our indoor and outdoor Christmas decorations. This morning, I took our Christmas tree to the recycling center. I used the convertible with the top down. It was a beautiful morning, but it was still a little bit chilly driving across town. I got a lot of strange looks as I usually do when I haul large items in my car. I don't know what we will do when we have to get rid of the convertible. We call it our 4-wheel drive, off road pickup. This summer for several weeks, the road to the river property was washed out and we couldn't drive across the washout. We took the ditch and back onto the road, then through the pasture with grass taller than the car. We need to buy a real Jeep or pickup, but for now the car will have to do.
We had a very nice Christmas weekend with family. Friday night, we ate out with Wendell, LaVerna, and Janene. Saturday morning, we visited Grandma and then spent the rest of the day with Caroline and Mike. We played cards, attended a Christmas Eve service at church, and drove around looking at Christmas lights. Sunday, Caroline and Mike came over to our house and we fried a turkey. That was a first for us, and we really liked how it turned out. We can't wait to use it to fry chicken and catfish. We played more cards (the women's team, which consisted of Caroline and Bobbi, won all of the pitch games on Christmas Day) and took Benji and Bailey for a walk to the park later in the day.
The only disappointment for me during the holidays, was not having my side of the family here this year. Next year will be fun as Kim, Michael, Sierra, Dylan, and my mom will be here. Hopefully we will have snow for the kids, as they really like to sled on Tornado Hill.


2 Comments:
Welcome to "blogdom"! I think you'll enjoy having one.
I'm looking forward to next Christmas already, too. Tonita and Daniel will be here during the holidays for the first time in seven years - we'll have to make sure we ALL get together while they're here!
We missed all of you too. Can't wait for 2006 to get under way so I can get the hard work done and come to the snow for Christmas. A big, old-fashioned Regier Christmas sounds pretty good. Love, the aussies
Post a Comment
<< Home