Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Kurt and I had a nice holiday weekend. He is still sleeping as I type this blog. He has today off, so we are going to spend the day going to a movie, cleaning my car, and cleaning the garage. I have a lot of pine needles in the back seat of my car from hauling the Christmas tree away.

Saturday was a nice day, so we took down Christmas lights. We ate at a new Mexican restaurant called Taco Del Mar. It is a fast food place, where the food is made in front of you, so you can choose the food items you want added to your taco or burrito. We also had a phone repairman out to fix our phone problem. We had a short in a jack, that caused all of our phones to be out. We wondered why we didn't get any calls on Friday, and I wasn't able to use the Internet. Once the jack was replaced, all was well again except for the Internet. This morning, I unplugged the DSL modem, and it reset itself and is working again. We were both too tired to stay up until midnight. I made it to 10:00, and Kurt stayed up until 10:30.

Sunday, we went to church and then over to Caroline's house to do some household things she needed done. She took us out to lunch, and then we came home and worked on a puzzle. I made homemade doughnuts as that was something that was done when I was growing up on New Years Day. During the evening, we watched Cheaper by the Dozen.

Today, we hope to catch some of the Rose Bowl parade and we are going to go to Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Then we are going to clean out my car and the garage. We put our tote of fall outdoor decorations in front of the walk-in door of the garage knowing we never use that door. Last week, the garage door didn't open, so I had to use the walk-in door to get to my car. I had to push the door open and crawl over the tote. I decided then that garage needs to be cleaned out again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home