Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yeah, It's the Weekend!

The weather is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend, so Kurt and I are going to mini golf today. Tomorrow after church, we are going to see the Dick and Jane movie. The weather has been unusually warm this week, so we have been able to have the front and back screen door windows open slightly. Monday, we are supposed to be in the 40's with rain/snow, but then back to the 50's for the rest of the week.

Kurt and I have been on a po'boy sandwich (hoagie bun with fish or shrimp, cajun seasoning, and veggies) kick this week. Wednesday, we had taco salads, so I had a lot of vegetables to get rid of. Since Kurt doesn't eat vegetables often, I have to find ways of tricking him to eat them. The best way is to make him eat a sandwich with a lot of veggies on it. We like to eat po'boys at Buzzard Billy's in Lincoln, so I decided to try them at home this week. Thursday night and Friday for lunch, we had catfish po'boys. They were so good. We used homemade tartar sauce and a salsa/ranch dressing on the sandwiches. Kurt came up with an idea to use garlic herbed shrimp on the left over hoagies, so we tried that last night. They were very good too. So now Kurt has had veggies every day since Wednesday, and he doesn't even know it. Tonight, we are grilling hamburgers, and Kurt said he wants to eat outside if it is warm enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home