Friday, August 17, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We got back around 10:00am today. The week was fun, but very warm and long. We ended up going to a lot of shows. We went to Celebrate America. It is a singing play that goes through American history from when America was founded, to current day. It started with a little girl hugging her dad goodbye, because he was going over to Iraq. You could hear sniffles off and on, but I didn't cry until they covered World War II. It made me think about Kurt's dad and my Grandpa Newton. Kurt started crying when they covered the Vietnam portion. They had a solider on one side of the Vietnam Wall, and two of his friends looking for his name on the other side of the wall. He kept telling them he was there and not to be sad. There were very few dry eyes leaving the theater. We went to the Island Fire after that show. Island Fire is a new show this season. Fifteen Samoans cover the different dances from different islands in the South Pacific. It was really interesting, especially the fire dancers. Then we went to the luau next door. The next day, we went to the Amazing Pets Show. They had dogs, cats, birds, and a monkey in the show. It was ok, but not that great. In the afternoon, we went to the Comedy Jamboree. They did some singing, comedy skits, and dancing. It was really good. Kurt got called onto the stage to do a skit. It was pretty funny. I was laughing so hard, that I had tears running down my face. We have a dvd of the performance and I will share it with anyone that wants a good laugh. We did some shopping during the week. Kurt got a sign made with our names on it. I bought a cedar rocker, but we need to assemble it before I can use it. Lots to do now that we are back. School starts Monday, so I will be busy for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home