Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Waffles

Kurt requested more waffles yesterday and I was about out of pancake mix. Aunt LaVerna was sweet and sent me a recipe for waffles and the white sauce that I remember eating when I was growing up. I didn't have all the ingredients for the recipe, so I got creative. We had a blueberry muffin mix, so I added that to the pancake mix and made the waffles that way. Boy were they good. I have 3 squares in the freezer, so I will get to enjoy them more this week.

Back to the waffle sauce. The first day when we got the waffle iron home, I was telling Kurt about the white waffle sauce that my parents used to make when I was growing up. All I could remember about it was that it is really sweet and I really liked it. I talked to my mom later that day and she said it is made of sugar and waffle batter. She thought the recipe could be found in the red Home Extension cookbook (I stole it from her several years ago). I went to the cabinet and pulled down the cookbook that was produced the year I was born. I careful thumbed through the pages in anticipation of the recipe. It wasn't in there. So I thought maybe it would be in the yellow church cookbook which I have my own copy of and didn't have to steal that one from my mom. Sure enough, there were two slightly different recipes for the sauce. Then the mail came this week with a letter from Aunt LaVerna. She sent me recipes for everyday waffles and the white waffle sauce. Sadly, I didn't have everything I needed for making the waffle recipe, but I did for the sauce. I made it yesterday and it was as good as I remembered it was. Thank you Aunt LaVerna for sending me your recipe!

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Um, so are you gonna share the recipe for the sauce with everyone? :o) I have never had white waffle sauce, and now I'm very curious...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home