Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Season

Last weekend, I worked outside before the weather got colder. I cut down the bushes in the front yard and picked up all the branches that had fallen in the storm that took our electrical line down. That way our front yard would be ready to be decorated for Halloween. This weekend, I mowed on Friday night while Kurt was at work. Then Saturday, we put out our Halloween stuff. Some of it is getting old and will need to be replaced next year, but for now, everything is out and in working condition.

While I was mowing Friday night, I found something interesting in the yard. We get a lot of trash and sometimes I pick it up and sometimes I just mow over it. I saw something in the grass but made a few passes before I got close enough to see what it was. I know you are probably thinking that it was just a snake, but it wasn't. I found a box of checks in my yard that the postman had dropped. They belonged to a neighbor that lives 1 block west of me. I know this neighbor vaguely, because she sold me a dress at Dillards a few years back and told me she was my neighbor at that time. I walked the box over to her house, but she wasn't home. I brought the checks back and called her to let me know when she was home and I would stop back over. A few hours later she called, so I took them to her. She was concerned as she had ordered 3 boxes and she only had 2 show up. One that I brought and one that was in her mailbox. The third was unaccounted for. I told her to call the bank and let them know as soon as possible.

No matter how dull and boring we want it to be around here, life likes to spice things up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home