Sunday, June 27, 2010

Peaceful morning, not

Kurt worked the late shift yesterday, so we planned on sleeping in today. A small storm moved through last night, so Bailey woke me up to protect her. I took her to the back bedroom so she didn't wake Kurt too. That was about 2:30am. I watched an episode of Three's Company and then fell asleep until she woke me at 5:30am to let her out. Benji was also ready to go out, so I got up. Then I had the brilliant idea to get the sprinkler out and start watering. It has been so hot the last few days that the grass is needing it. I worked quickly and quietly to get the sprinkler attached and pull the hose into the yard. That is where things went bad quickly. I started to put the sprinkler down on the grass and a snake popped up right where I was standing. Mind you, I have no shoes on and can't scream as everyone in the neighborhood is still sleeping. I hit the snake with my plastic sprinkler several times as it made a break for the neighbor's yard. When he got over to our landscaped area, I pinned him against a timber with the sprinkler and picked up one of the larger rocks and smashed him. Then I used a stick to carry him to the patio by the house so I can show Kurt when he wakes up. The two week old new sprinkler is now toast. I found parts all over the yard. Guess we will be going to Ace Hardware today. Hope your day starts better than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home