Sunday, May 10, 2009

H1N1 and our slithery friends

While we were at WDW, a few more unique things happened. We packed plenty of hand sanitizer and wipes. A few people had masks as we traveled through the airports. Orange County had its first confirmed case of swine flu. The girl had been at WDW. Therefore, WDW officials sent a letter to all guests about the swine flu. I kept the letter as you don't often get a swine flu letter to put in your scrapbook.

There were little lizards all over the place. I found out I am just as scared of them as I am of snakes. One brave lizard even went under the arch of Kurt's shoe one day. I almost screamed, but kept it under control by backing away quickly. There were lizards on the trees, in the air vents, etc.

Trying to catch the ferry at Epcot, we ran across a snake while there. It had come out of the water and was laying on the ferry landing. It was a copper color with a tan belly and moved sideways. A WDW employee had a snake stick and bag to capture it. It got away once as he was trying to get it in the bag, but he caught it again. He brought the bag with the snake near me and I thought I was going to faint. I couldn't back up anymore as I was against a rope barrier. The lady behind us was just as scared as I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home