Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Christmas to remember...

Yesterday was an interesting, but unusual day. I slept in the living room because I was coughing and didn't want to wake up Kurt. I would wake from coughing, watch 10-15 minutes of Christmas Story and then go back to sleep. Wake up an hour later, and do the same thing all over again. It was a good thing that TBS was running that movie all night, so that I had something good to watch when I woke up. Kurt got up around 5:00am and we decided to open our presents. We may not have any little children here, but we do have two big children that can't wait to open packages. After we were done, we had cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven for breakfast. At 8:00am, we called Caroline to see if she had heard from Mike and Robin. She hadn't, so we called them to say that we hoped they would decide to stay home rather than get out on the roads and have an accident. At 10:00am, we headed over to Caroline's. The streets in town were drifting shut, and we were very thankful we had a Jeep with 4x4 engaged. When we got to her house, there was a drift that went to my knees that we had to wade through to get inside. By the time we left at 3:00pm, the drift was so tall that we couldn't use that sidewalk. We headed straight to the street and walked to the Jeep that way. We ate our leftovers from lunch, and then we played Wii and watched a show on HGTV about decorating Walt Disney World. It was an enjoyable Christmas and hopefully a nice one for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home