Saturday, February 09, 2008

Friday night date

Yesterday, Kurt and I went out on a date. He picked me up and we headed over to Fonner Park. We attended the Sport and Travel show. Then we walked to the Paddock and ate supper. We then headed back to the show to listen to a catfish lecture. The guy doing the lecture was called "Catfish Daddy". He was a big, old boy from Kansas. He had pictures of 80lb. catfish he has caught. He didn't do his research before coming to Nebraska. Almost every technique he uses is illegal in Nebraska. Several of us suggested he speak with the game warden that had a booth at the show. I did get to see a new way of making set-line fishing poles. We may make a few the way he makes them, but I think my pvc poles are better constructed. We got a lot of free stuff and a few ideas for different kinds of homemade bait. Now I am ready to go fishing. Too bad the river is to iced over and cold for set-line fishing. We are going to the Home and Builders show in Aurora this morning. At 2:00, I am going to the caucus. I hope it doesn't take too long. I didn't hear about Chelsea Clinton being in Grand Island until about 30 minutes before she spoke, so I didn't go to the rally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home