Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Electrical problems

I have not had the best of luck with electricity over the years. When we lived on the farm, I knocked over the shop vac into a large puddle of water. I almost grabbed it, but was stopped before I got shocked. One time, I had my hands on the hood of the pickup and didn't realize I had backed my legs into the electric fence behind me. When dad started the pickup, he got the shock that I was transferring from the fence to the pickup. A few years ago, I decided to change a fuse and forgot to disengage the lever. I had 220 volts going through me for a little while. I make Kurt change the fuses now. Yesterday, I decided to change out two of our motion detectors. One in the front of the house quit working a few weeks ago, and the one in the back quit working on Monday. I was nervous as I got the tools rounded up and set up the ladders. All went well, and the lights are hooked up and working. I was scared, but took my time. Kurt was very impressed when he came home for lunch, but was very shocked I had done the electrical work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home