Friday, February 29, 2008

Influenza B

Well, it has struck here. Kurt came down with what he thought was a head cold on Monday evening. He went to work on Tuesday, and I got him some Mucinex and cough syrup by that evening. On Wednesday, he sounded better and went to work. Yesterday he got up and I told him to go back to bed because he was sounding much worse. I made an appointment for him at the doctor's office. They did a flu swab and he does have influenza B. The doctor put him on Tamiflu as well as the Mucinex, cough syrup, and aspirin. She also put me on Tamiflu even though I didn't have any symptoms yet. Late last night, I started having some of the symptoms, so hopefully the medicine will work quickly. We are both at home through Sunday per doctor's orders. Kurt wants to run to Walmart to get some movies, but I don't think we should. We will see who wins that battle. It will probably be Kurt as he gets stir crazy when he stays home too much. The dogs are enjoying the extra attention!

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I hope Kurt stayed home! That's how the virus spreads...
I've been taking Tamiflu for a week now, after being exposed to Leslie who was sick for two weeks. I had the beginning symptoms of a cold, and by Tuesday morning, it was GONE. I LOVE Tamiflu! Don't love the $$$price$$$.
Hope Kurt feels better soon and that you stay well!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Bobbi and Kurt said...

I hope the Tamiflu works well, because I got the flu today. I am coughing, congested, feverish, and achy. The price for the meds shocked us, but we hope it helps. We did stay home, but tomorrow will be another battle with the warmer weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home