Great concert
Last night we went to the Ricochet and Aaron Tippin concert. Ricochet came on first. They did their hits first and then played a little bit of everything. They played Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Joel, Ray Charles, AC/DC, and some bluegrass. They really got the crowd pumped up. Then Aaron Tippin came out. He is quite the showman. I had heard in his early days, he was really energetic on stage. He didn't disappoint last night. He really got the crowd involved in the show. His voice is still as good as when he was really popular. And he is very good looking too, but don't tell Kurt that. He sang his traditional hits, some bluegrass, and a few new songs. I guess getting the events center wasn't so bad after all. Hopefully we can continue to get more concerts in the future.
On April Fool's day, I stopped by Skagway to talk to Kurt. As I was walking through the produce area, one of the employees pulled a rubber snake from a display. I jumped backwards, but caught myself before I screamed. I told Kurt about it at lunch later that day. He told the produce guy that I was the customer that almost screamed. So that put me on edge, knowing with the warmer weather that the snakes will be waking soon. Yesterday afternoon, I decided to pull the old vines from the morning glories and cut back the decorative grass in the whiskey barrels. I found several snake skins in the barrels which had me nervous. Sure enough, as I was finishing up, a snake slithered from where I was working into our neighbors yard. Kurt and I went back to check later and the snake was back again. Sadly we didn't catch it because it was too fast for us. So it looks like Snake Season '08 has begun.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home