Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter to all of you. Kurt and I are in the process of getting ready for church. We are going to the 8:00 service, instead of the usual 9:00 service today. Palm Sunday is always one of my favorite services and last week did not disappoint. The children carried palm branches around the aisles. The pastor shut off all of the lights and did his sermon from the back of the church. All we could see was a projected picture of Christ on the cross. The pastor had an excellent sermon about our excuses why we don't go to church and made sound effects of the nails being pounded into Christ's flesh for our sins. I hope today's sermon is just as good, and it makes people remember why we are here.

Onto a lighter subject, we are going to Caroline's for the day. Mike and Robin (Mike's fiancee, yes he proposed and she said yes!) are coming in from Lincoln to Easter egg hunt with us. Kurt has the traveling trophy from last year, and we hope to bring it home again this year. I am just hoping that I don't win, because I don't want to wear the garland crown for a photo op.
Here is wishing you all a Happy Easter. Don't eat too many chocolate bunnies!

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Okay, I think this is a GREAT IDEA for a fun, grown-up (?) Easter. :o) I especially love the trophy and the garland crown photo. I am so copying this idea for next year's Easter with Greg's family. I even have a friend who owns a trophy-making store, so I know where to go to get that. I'm so excited! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home