Sunday, March 08, 2009

Horse-n-around kinda day

Yesterday was supposed to be an awful day in regards to weather. The weathermen were saying we would wake to rain, sleet, ice, and snow and that this would go on all day and night. It didn't start raining here until last night and was just slightly icy. Therefore, we planned some indoor activities yesterday, planning on the worst weather and getting out of the house for awhile.

In the morning, we went to Walmart and Skagway like usual. Then we looked for spring time decorations for my office. I have a bulletin board that gets decorated by season and don't have anything good to put on it right now. Everything we saw was for Easter, so we ended up not getting anything. Guess I will have to look at a blank bulletin board for awhile.

In the afternoon, we went to the horse races. What a great time we have there. Kurt likes my technique of picking the horses. I look at the names first and if one doesn't jump out, then I wait until they show the horses in the paddock. I never bet on the gray horses. I choose the prettiest chestnut colored one, with a white blaze and socks. If there are none that match that description, I bet on #3 because the jockey wears blue and that is my favorite color. My technique must work as we came home $22 richer. That is not too bad when you figure I only bet $2 show tickets and we only stayed for 8 races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home