Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror
On our anniversary, we chose to go to my favorite park at WDW. It is Disney's Hollywood Studios. The name changed in the last year because of a contract expiration with MGM Studios, but the park was great as always. It has the best thrill ride, Tower of Terror, and roller coaster, Rockin' Rollercoaster.

Kurt likes the roller coaster but had never wanted to try the Tower of Terror. It is an old haunted hotel with Twilight Zone scenes showing at times. They take you up 13 floors and then drop you, raise the car back up, and drop you several more times, all in the dark. I think of it as a giant pogo stick. You never go up and down the same number of times. That adds to the fun, as you don't know what to expect. Kurt actually directed me towards the Tower of Terror when the park first opened. He said he was going to try it. I told him, "If Sierra could do this when she was 6 years old, you can handle it." When we got off the ride, he looked at me and said he will never do that again, and I believed him. We had our picture taken during the ride, and would have purchased it, but the lady in front of Kurt had her hands up and in front of his face. I was laughing in the picture. Kurt had his head turned my direction and was clearly staring at me. I can only imagine what his eyes were saying at that point.
We headed to Rockin' Rollercoaster directly after the Tower of Terror ride. It is a roller coaster in the dark that has Aerosmith songs playing in the headrest of the seat. Neon signs pop up as you are in a limo style car that is going to one of their concerts in L.A. We walked right in, so I whispered to the Disney cast member that Kurt and I would like to ride in the first car of the ride. Kurt didn't know what I said, but as we walked to line 1, he figured it out. He was none too thrilled, but did it for me. I know where they take your picture during the ride, so I told Kurt to put his thumbs up and smile. He said he would. As you can tell from the picture, he at least got his thumbs up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home