Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Snakes Beware

Yesterday was quite a day for the snakes in our yard. I planted flowers yesterday and was showing Kurt over the lunch hour. He spotted a snake and told me to get the shovel. We both thought it was a little snake, but it turned out to be a 2 foot long snake. It was trying to camouflage itself in the grass and we didn't see much of it until Kurt was chopping it. In the afternoon, I was watering the sod and ran across a little snake on our patio. I squashed it with my thongs. I had to scream once, because the snake touched my foot when I was working on smashing it. Later in the afternoon, I was setting the water in the front yard, and a snake moved into our lilac bush. I got the shovel and waited for the snake to come out of the bush. When he did, I tried to get him again, but he went back into the bush where I couldn't get him. I decided to outsmart the snake. I went inside the house with the shovel, and opened the window next to the lilac bush. When I saw the snake, I used the shovel from the open window and got him. Two of our neighbors watched and laughed. They had never seen anyone lean out a window to kill a snake before. Kurt was very impressed and happy I got the snake. Now we are tied for how many snakes we have killed for the year.

Last night it was hot in the house, so we enjoyed a nice dinner outside on the patio. We had grilled fish and rice for supper. Today it is cooler, so we will probably eat inside tonight.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now ....what in the world wii you do after all the snakes are killed? You two have earned the rank of "GREAT WHITE HUNTER OF SNAKES".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home