Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ramming the gate never works

Last night, Larry called to let us know he caught 3 guys on ATVs ramming the gate to enter our pasture at the river. Others have tried to take out the gate with 4 wheel drive pickups, so I am not sure why the guys thought they could break in using their ATVs. They did a little damage to the gate, so we will have to get someone to re-weld some of the bars back together. Also, the cable snapped, so that will have to be re-attached. Larry told the 3 guys that they could either each pay $100 by Friday for the repairs or he would turn their license plate numbers over to the sheriff. We will see what Friday brings. Kurt and I decided to pull the camper out of the pasture and take it back to the farm so the guys don't vandalize it now that they have seen it in the pasture. We hurried down last night to move it before the rain started, so I had to pull it out with the pickup quickly. I am getting pretty good at pulling the camper. Kurt is worried that some day I will have it hooked up to the pickup and we will be going camping whether he wants to or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home