Hot, Hot , H-H-H-HOT
We are actually having a sunny, warm Memorial Day weekend. The ones I remember when I was younger, were always cold, windy, and rainy. That meant a miserable time water skiing on Johnson Lake. The white caps and waves would be large, or the water would be so cold, we wouldn't want to jump in. I always wanted to ski first, because Kim and I shared a ski vest, and it was wet and cold to put on if you were second. It never took long for the boat to pull me out of the cold water. I would ski around the lake for a long time, because I didn't want to go back in the frigid water.
This weekend is too hot if you ask us. Today it is supposed to be 100°F and sunny. That is too warm to be camping, so we may just take the dogs to the river for a few hours, then come home and enjoy our pool. It feels more like the 4th of July rather than Memorial Day.
Yesterday, Kurt and I went to Stuhr Museum and looked at the photo display of businesses that are no longer around. The Skagway warehouse used to be the Nebraska Mercantile, so there was a nice picture of the building in 1907. It used to look a lot better than it does today. We walked through Railroad town, and it looked like they are getting ready for a big Memorial Day celebration. We hadn't been to the museum for a few years, so we enjoyed being out there for awhile.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home