Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Icy Roads

Yesterday, we had a surprise on the roads. ICE. I was driving the Jeep for the first time on ice and didn't have a very good time doing it. I use a back road to drive to the college and it was very icy. The road has two sharp curves and I basically slid around them. When I got to the college parking lot, I drove slowly. I turned at the end of the row and slid right into the curb. Thank goodness no one was walking on the sidewalk at the time. Someone else did it shortly after I did, so that made me feel a little better that I am not an awful driver. Kurt put some salt bags in the back of the Jeep for the next time we have ice. He also read to me from the manual that I should put the Jeep in 4 high next time. I just am not used to having a 4x4 yet.

Today, I get to stay home. I am baking cookies for the holidays. I will make sugar, chocolate chip, butterfinger, and snickerdoodles. Tomorrow will be my last class for the semester, so I am excited about that.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Feels good to be done with classes, doesn't it? :o)

Glad you came out okay with the icy roads - sometimes they can be a surprise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home