House moving
Yesterday I saw a strange sight. A house was slowly moving down Broadwell Street. I wasn't sure where the house had come from or where it was going, but it took up the entire width of the street to be moved. Thank goodness I didn't have to travel down the street. That was in the morning. Kurt said in the afternoon, he saw another house being jacked up to be moved on Eddy Street near Five Points, so there must be something going on. Someone is moving out homes to build something.
Last night, we went to the downtown Christmas celebration. I am now ready for the season to begin. Going downtown always puts me in the Christmas mood. The air was crisp, Christmas music filled the air, and Santa got mobbed by lots of children when he arrived. It was great to watch. Then we ate supper at the Chicken Coop. Kurt had ribs and I had a peppercorn steak. Then home to watch tv for the rest of the evening. I fell asleep around 8:15, so I missed Vegas again this week. Then I woke up at 2:15 and cleaned the basement. I laid down for a little bit, but still couldn't fall asleep, so today I will probably be very tired.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home