Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Kurt and I are going to take it easy today. Which is good since I woke up and can't get back to sleep. We are planning on staying home and watching fireworks in the neighborhood tonight. Last night, it sounded like a pretty good show, but we were too tired to watch.

I am going to buy a chicken and fry it for lunch and then we will have grilled andouille sausage for supper. I may pick up a watermelon and corn if they look good as well.

This weekend, Kurt wants to go to Shelton to eat at a smoke house that has been advertising on the radio. Other than that, I don't think we are going out of town. We have been tossing around driving to Nebraska Furniture Mart, but I don't know if that is a good idea on a holiday weekend.

Hasn't it been great for Nebraska to have the US swim trials at the Qwest Center. What good publicity. The Grand Islander didn't make it on the team this year, but it was fun to cheer at the tv for him. He got third last night, so I don't know if he will go as an alternate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home