Saturday, August 09, 2008

8/8/08 Crazy 8's kinda day

What a weird day. We both had some strange things happen at work, but everything was manageable. When we got off from work we headed straight out for Omaha. We checked into our motel and the restaurant in the motel that we usually eat at was torn down for their expansion project. So we decided to walk across the street and eat at a little bar/restaurant in the Comfort Inn. We were almost finished when a couple with 2 kids came in. The guy had his back to me, but something was familar about him. I told Kurt, "I think that is Brad." Kurt was like "You mean your new boss?" I watched the guy a little longer and said it has to be. As we left we stopped by their table and asked how their mini vacation was going. Brad was sure surprised. I thought he was going to Kansas City, but they decided to come to Omaha instead. What a small world it is. Now Kurt knows who I talk about when I come home. It reminded me of the time we ran into Wendell and LaVerna at the Ground Round restaurant in St. Joseph, Missouri. Hope yesterday wasn't too Crazy eights for you!

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

A few years ago we were on our way to Branson and stopped to get gas. Lo and behold, Wendell and LaVerna and the family drove up at about the same time! :o)

Hope you have a fun getaway weekend and Happy Birthday to Kurt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home