Omaha weekend again
Actually we were in Bellevue not Omaha, but it is one in the same. We went to the Offutt airshow. We got to see parachuting, stunt planes, and the Thunderbirds. The weather was nice but we got a little sunburned because of not packing sunscreen. We took the shuttle from Bellevue West High School which was a short distance from our motel. We got right on the bus to the air force base and got right through security to enjoy the displays and shows. The ride back was a different story. It took 1 1/2 hours for us to get a shuttle back because the crowds were all trying to leave at the same time and there was a little bit of a mob scene every time a bus would pull up to load. The military police had to come and direct people. It was a crazy scene, but we were patient and finally got on a bus.
We were supposed to be at the show again today, but I had a mental scheduling lapse. I had a minor meltdown a few weeks ago, and told Kurt, "If we aren't going to ever use the camper, bring it into town and sell it. I don't want to look at it anymore." So Kurt brought it into town and put an ad in the paper. We were getting calls from people wanting to look at it while at the show yesterday, so we came home today to let people see it. We sold it to a couple that goes camping. In talking with them, I found out she was a girl I used to babysit in Palmer. What a small world once again. So now, we are camper-less again, and I refuse to ever buy another because I know Kurt is not the camper type. We will just use our tent at the river.


3 Comments:
Can't believe you sold the camper. How sad! :( You could have driven it over here-it would have dried out eventually. Who bought it?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Haag's daughter, Megan Walkoviak. I used to babysit Megan and Blake when Pat and Jim were dating.
Post a Comment
<< Home