Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chores and shoes

Yesterday, Kurt had to work in the morning at the store, so I was going to do a few light chores and then go shoe shopping. My plans quickly changed when I started cleaning. I felt a tinge of spring and ended up cleaning the house for 5 hours. Then I moved outside to garage and cleaned it up. Then I decided the Christmas lights must come down and while I was on the ladder, I cleaned the gutters too. Kurt got home and was very surprised to see me sitting on the front steps with the ladders in the yard. I only had 4 more hooks to take the lights down from the house, but they are on the peaks, and I don't go up ladders that high.

He told me to take a shower and he would finish the lights. Then he took me to Dairy Queen for a late breakfast/lunch (1:30pm). While we were eating, he saw Wendell and LaVerna pull in. We talked to LaVerna as she got her ice cream ordered. When we got done eating, we stopped and talked with them a little more. Then we headed out to find tennis shoes. I have not bought a pair since around 2001, and didn't realize how much shoes have changed. Kurt also needed a new pair, so I knew the process would take a while. We ended up going all over looking for shoes. We went to Shopko, JCPenney, Foot Locker, Payless Shoes, Trade Home Shoes, and Walmart. Kurt thinks he will be happy with a pair at Walmart, but they didn't have his exact size. We will try the other Walmart today to see if they have them. If not, I will order them online and have them shipped to the store. I didn't find a pair I liked. I had a bit of gout pop up on Thursday evening and all day Friday, so that may have been part of the problem with not liking how the shoes fit. I did get Kurt to try on a pair of sandals that have the soles of a tennis shoe and he did like them. So we are going to Cabelas in Kearney today to see what they have for that style of shoe. I am going to try on tennis shoes there too. Then we will go to lunch at Qdoba Mexican Grill. It opened in Kearney recently, and Kurt wants to try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home