Eventful holiday weekend
Thursday evening, we mowed the grass as this was going to be a busy weekend. Friday afternoon, I took flowers to the graves in Phillips, Henderson, and GI. Highway 34 is all torn up due to construction, so it took over a half hour just to get to Phillips. After I dropped off the flowers
there, I headed to the Giltner exchange to catch I-80 to Henderson. When I turned the corner I saw an interesting sight. There was one car pulled over with its driver's door open, a State Patrol K-9 unit right behind it, and a State Patrol car that was carefully driven in the ditch. One of the patrol men had his gun pointed at a person sitting on the ground by the patrol car in the ditch. I must have just missed the really good action. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. That night, Kurt and I headed to Menards to purchase materials for our weekend projects. We paid for them and also paid for the materials to be delivered as there was no way they would fit in the Jeep.
Yesterday morning, we got up and ate a good breakfast here and got started. We put up the pool and began filling it. Then we started digging holes for the posts that would soon be delivered. As we were finishing the last hole, Menards called and said the driver would arrive in 10 minutes. What perfect timing. By now, you are probably wondering what we were going to build.
It is nothing fancy, but we will enjoy it anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home