Thursday, June 29, 2006

Out in the country

I have made a few trips out of the big city this week. One day, I drove to the river to look at the pasture gate. Larry stopped by on Sunday and let us know he fixed the river gate after the boys paid him some money for ramming the gate. The gate looks new as Larry painted it green. I have never seen the gate painted before, so that was a shock to see. It looks like the gate should hold up for another 30 years.

I also drove to the farm this week. The hog shed was starting to need some TLC. The shed needed to be painted and the roof needed new shingles. Instead of doing all that, we are having a handy man install white metal sheeting on the building. It is really looking nice, and we won't have to worry so much about maintenance of the building. We keep a lot stored in the building, so it will be nice to have it maintained better.

Kurt wants to see the river gate and the hog shed, so we will probably take the dogs to the river tonight and have a picnic. This will be their first ride in the Jeep. Hopefully, they won't get too muddy in the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home