Bad night
I took a couple of our bags down to the car tonight, so there would be fewer things to haul out tomorrow and had my blood pressure rise instantly. I noticed a hole in the back bumper of the car as I was crossing the parking lot. My first thought was, "Did Kurt back into something?". But I knew that wasn't the case, and there was evidence to prove someone's hitch backed into our pretty car. A piece of the car was laying on the ground. I rushed upstairs and told Kurt that someone hit the car. We then called the cops and two showed up very quickly. I showed the cop the piece of the car laying on the ground, and he picked it up. It appears to be a rusty hitch as it left a pretty good mark on the piece of the bumper on the ground. We then had to call the rental car company, and they said not to worry as we had taken out insurance on the rental. They said we can continue driving the car or return it to an office for a replacement. We will keep the car for now as there are no close offices without driving into Houston. We may exchange it in Corpus Christi, but we aren't sure yet. I can guarantee, I will be out early tomorrow morning, examining all the hitches in the lot. We did find out that the hotel does have security cameras in the back that would have captured the incident, but the front desk person wouldn't let us view it. She said we would have to talk to her supervisor in the morning. What excitement.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home