Busy Weekend
Kurt and I have had a busy weekend so far, and today is going to be the same. Yesterday, we had breakfast with Wendell and LaVerna. We hadn't seen them since Christmas Eve, so we were happy to see them. Then we ran errands. We were trying to locate a battery for our cordless phone, as it sometimes is dropping calls due to the low charge on it. We spent the whole afternoon at Fonner Park, betting on the ponies. I didn't do too bad. We stayed for 7 races and I picked the winning horses 5 of 7 races. There was a number mix up on a horse (some papers said it was #2 and some said it was #3), so I only had 4 winning tickets. I didn't make too much money though, as I only bet show tickets. If we would have bet win tickets we would have made well over $100 on $2 tickets. Oh well, at least we won something. We came home and watched the Olympics last night.
Today we are going to church and then out to eat with Caroline. We are going to see a movie, but we haven't decided which one yet. We want to see Firewall and Pink Panther. We are thinking we will see Firewall this weekend and Pink Panther next weekend, but we will see how the crowds are first. After that we will come home and work on household chores. The dogs are thinking we need to spend time with them also.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home