Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was a nice day for us. Kurt let me know to be up and dressed yesterday morning as someone would be by at 8:00am. So I got up at 5:15am and headed for Walmart to pick up a few grocery items. Kurt had a local barbershop quartet stop by and sing me 2 songs. He knows how much I like barbershop quartets and has wanted to do this for a long time. It was very nice, but I was really shocked. They sang Let Me Call You Sweetheart, but I can't remember what the second song was as I was too surprised. Kurt also sent me a nice mixed bouquet. I had a bouquet sent to him at Skagway, but he didn't get too much ribbing over it. We ate supper at home, a new recipe of seafood lasagna. It was really good, but next time I will add a few veggies and pepper. We watched a little tv and went to sleep around 8:30pm. We both have been fighting off colds and that is wearing us out. Yesterday afternoon, my cousin Jackie picked me up to help her deliver flowers for the Crisis Center. We did pretty good with the addresses, but learned we didn't know where every street was in Grand Island. The weather was wonderful yesterday (short sleeve shirt, no coat), but it looks like it is going to get really cold and wintry today.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kurt has been doing such a good job of surprising you this year. He really has come up with some very interesting ideas. how about sharing the lasagna recipe? Sounds very tasty. I need something deeeelicious. I am glad you both enjoyed Valentine's day.I have been watching some olympics everyday. i was rally surprised tonight when they sais this is the fifth day, seems like it just started. good night, mom

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Bobbi and Kurt said...

The lasagna recipe is as follows:
1 box lasagna noodles or 1 pkg angel hair pasta, 1 lb small cooked shrimp, 1 pkg imitation crab, 2 cups mozzerella, 2 jars alfredo sauce. Combine all the above ingredients. Then top with 1/2 cup grated parmesan. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 25 mins, uncover and bake another 10 mins. I used Sargento brand mozzerella that had Asiago and garlic in it. Kurt and I decided next time we would add a can of mexi-corn and black pepper as the lasagna is a little bland for our taste. This recipe could easily be cut down as we are still eating it. We will have eaten it for 4 meals, so next time we will cut it at least in half.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home